- Primary English
- GCSE and A level humanities
- 7+, 9+, 11+ SATS preparation
I am a qualified teacher with 4 years’ experience across the primary age range. Having secured a First Class degree in politics, I moved into teaching. I studied at the UCL Institute of Education (the #1 rated provider of teacher training worldwide), and attained Qualified Teacher Status with ‘outstanding’ grading.
Since then, I have built up a proven track record in schools and as a tutor. I have been a class teacher and have also worked with groups of children and 1 to 1 on phonics, reading and writing, oracy, maths, and preparing for exams. This combination of experiences have given me a compelling set of skills in lesson planning, behavior management, pedagogy, subject and curriculum knowledge and relationship and confidence building.
My methodology is simple and twofold:
Know the subject and know the child.
If I know the subject, I can plan memorable and engaging lessons which promote depth and breadth of learning.
If I know the child, I can tailor my teaching and content to their strengths and needs, I can diagnose accurately their misconceptions and plan next steps, and I can motivate them to want to learn and succeed.
- “Greg is really nice. He wants me to do well in my SATS and I feel like I understand stuff much better when he teaches me”. – Year 6 tutoring pupil
- “Thank you for providing so many opportunities for my son to grow and mature. He has made fantastic progress with you”. – Parent of Year 5 pupil
- “I love it when Mr. Cooper teaches us phonics” – Year 1 pupil
- “Yaaay!” – Nursery class upon seeing me enter the room